We at the 2 Lazy 2B Otaku pod cast have been recording our blather since March 1st, 2009. Our only goal was and is to tell each other about the shows we have been watching and discussing the topics we find interesting. We are of the belief that you don’t have to be a die hard fan to enjoy anime and want to discuss it with others. We have taken a long hard look at fandom in general and found that the people that scream the loudest get the most attention. We thought having a casual and rational conversation about shows that are polarizing in other mediums could take the scary out of fandom. We would like to create a casual leisurely fandom that can appreciate anime in all it’s forms whether it is subtitled or dubbed into English. Even if it’s a copy and paste hack job of localization we would like to discuss in a manner that doesn’t provoke religious fervor. For those who would attribute morals to our hobby go right ahead, but you wouldn’t really like our show. If you’re the type who would probably like to have a discussion about their favorite show but can’t be bothered to crate a forum account or set up a blog, you might like to hear what we have to say.
We also subscribe to the fact that love, in our circle of friends, is manufacture red by accusing each other of the most lurid and inappropriate things as possible. Some of it may actually be true.
1. Bleeping Gundam: In episode 4 Roundpeg reviewed Lucky Star and pointed out in the dub when the characters discussed Gundam and Code Geas they were bleeped as if they were swearing. Ever since then the pod cast editor (Slunker) has bleeped Gundam.
2. Duma equals punching bag: Duma is a semi regular host on the show. His role is usually to be contrarian and the thorn in the side of Roundpeg. It seems to be a self appointed task and so he is teased rather mercilessly because of that. He really isn’t a mortal enemy. We think. Maybe….I’m gonna kill that son-bitch.
3. Just like Waznotta: We have a long storied relationship with the good people at the Otaku Momentum. One fateful recording we had Neokage on as a guest host. We started teasing one of the other hosts from their show (Waznotta) We started by describing something morally reprehensible we found in the news on a Japanese enthusiasts website and every time it mentioned something perverse we added “Just like Waznotta” The practice has sort of stuck.
4. Skyline has notorious problems with his mic. He often makes repetitive motions that he can’t explain. Anytime Roundpeg hears one of these events he tends to scream “Quit Masterbating ED!”
5. Slunker has a very deadpan delivery of the news. It’s not much of a in joke but more of a quirk. If you were wondering, he really just doesn’t give a shit about much
These tips should prevent any confusion.Written by roundpeg